The Asian/Asian American Alumni Alliance (A4) cordially invites you to the A4 Commencement Celebration 2016 A celebration to honor the graduating Class of 2016, their...
The Asian/Asian American Alumni Alliance (A4) was created in 2003 to build connections between and among Brown University and its Asian and Asian American alumni.
Learn more about A4:
“To encourage and facilitate positive experiences and engagement with the University, to act as a conduit and facilitator to adequately address the needs of the Brown Asian and Asian American community and to build partnerships with members of the greater Brown community.”
- UNITY – To foster a multi-dimensional sense of community among Asian and Asian American students and alumni, students and alumni of color, and the entire Brown community.
- AWARENESS – To raise awareness of the experiences, contributions, needs and concerns of Asians and Asian Americans on campus and in the larger Brown community.
- GROWTH – To promote Brown and Brown alumni as resources for social, cultural and professional development and learning for Asian and Asian American students and alumni.
- LEADERSHIP – To cultivate and celebrate Asian and Asian American leaders among students, faculty, staff, administration and alumni, within the University community and beyond.
- SUPPORT – To develop networks of Asian and Asian American students and alumni ready to support mutual interests and endeavors.
- COMMUNICATION – To create opportunities for honest, inclusive and respectful exchange and communication among Asians and Asian Americans and the University, including among students, faculty, staff, administration, and alumni.
- INVOLVEMENT – To encourage Asian and Asian American alumni to serve Brown and maintain connections to the University, and to encourage the University and its alumni to welcome and embrace the involvement of Asian and Asian American alumni in all aspects of University life.
- DEVELOPMENT – To ensure the participation of Asian and Asian American alumni in efforts to sustain a strong, thriving University.
- REPRESENTATION – To advocate and cultivate full participation of Asians and Asian Americans throughout the University, including fair representation at all levels of University leadership.