Author: Eric De Los Santos
Recipe type: Main
- 2 lbs. chicken parts (drumsticks and wings)
- 2 Tablespoons oil for frying
- 5-7 garlic cloves crushed
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 cup shoyu (soy sauce)
- 1 cup white vinegar
- Salt and paprika to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black peppercorns crushed
- Place chicken pieces in a large heavy pot and cover with water. Bring water to a light boil. Boil chicken until runoff of chicken is clear (approximately 5-7 minutes).
- Discard water. Remove and gently pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in the pot and sauté chicken pieces until nicely brown on all sides. Work in batches if necessary.
- Add the shoyu and vinegar to the pot making sure to cover all the chicken pieces. If more liquid is needed, use equal parts of shoyu and vinegar.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for at least 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.